The Aalborg OL is a large capacity oil-fired steam boiler. It is designed to provide optimal combustion conditions.
Aalborg OL is intended for steam or hot water production, the oil- or gas-fired Aalborg OL (formerly MISSION OL) is supplied as a vertical, two-drum cylindrical boiler.
Its furnace, which is built with membrane walls and contains only little refractory material, is shaped to provide optimal combustion conditions.
Features and benefits of the Aalborg OL product
- Two-drum cylindrical water tube boiler
- Standard preassembled modules
- Innovative PLC-based control system
- Top-fired compact design
- Membrane wall design
- Made of mild carbon steel with elevated temperature properties
- Integrated steam atomizing burner
- Refractory is reduced to a protective layer at the bottom of the furnace
The convection section consists of straight pin tubes with bent pins, which provide a high coefficient of heat transfer and a low pressure loss, and circulation is ensured by down-comers placed outside the membrane walls.
Two design pressures are available. The two-drum cylindrical boiler design features straight tubes directly connecting the water and steam drums. This ensures safe circulation with no risk of overheating and subsequent burnout of the tubes.
Thanks to gastight, polygonal membrane wall panels the sturdily constructed furnace is resistant to gas pulsations. The integrated burner design reduces refractory to a protective layer at the bottom of the furnace and around the access doors.
Alfa Laval Aalborg steam atomizing burner-
The Aalborg KBSD steam atomising burner is designed for use on our top-fired boilers and is delivered pre-mounted. A dynamic wind-box provides for low pressure loss and a stable combustion at low loads. All burner mountings are arranged to ensure easy installation and maintenance.
- Capacity range: 1.7 – 46.6 MW
- Thermal output: 8 - 38.8 MW
- Steam capacity: 12.5 - 55 t/h
- Design pressure: 9 bar(g) or 18 bar(g)
- VLCC tanker
- Suezmax tanker
- Aframax tanker
- Panamax tanker
- FPS unit